11:11 pm.

An eternity ago, I was born. I breathed in and cried, lungs faced with oxygen brand new. My first glimpse of the world through squinted eyes and mouth.

300 thousand breaths passed. And now another adds to its list.

And another.

And another.

300 thousand seconds ago my thirst for life started.

How does one express 300 thoughts, wishes or dreams? Inspiration all around and my mind's thesaurus doesn't contain enough letters, pushed together to create new words, to describe the joy and beauty of a life so blessed as mine.

Even when the beauty is the beauty of a cry, a bloodied knee or a broken heart.

Even when the beauty is a baby's breath, in and out, a rhythm to let go of thoughts, waltzing to the Land of Nod.

Even when the beauty is a memory held in still life.

It is 11:11 now and I need the sleep. Dear friends, enjoy the beauty of this week, let His love fill you with every passing moment because we really get only a few before we are done.

Here is my thought this week: Today has never happened before. Make every moment worthy of its space in time.

Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. (Colossians 3:17)

2 comments:

afathersjoy said...

Happy Birthday Mercy!
Abigail

Alice said...

Thanks Abigail! Its actually not quite my birthday, I will be 21 in November, but I always accept birthday wishes early!!!

I hope you are blessed with a beautiful week this week :)

-Mercy

afathersjoy said...

Happy Birthday Mercy!
Abigail

Alice said...

Thanks Abigail! Its actually not quite my birthday, I will be 21 in November, but I always accept birthday wishes early!!!

I hope you are blessed with a beautiful week this week :)

-Mercy